Before we jump into the article, let us assume that we are doing this strategic planning for a digital Marketing course. Note that we are writing this article based on my country Bangladesh.
Product: Digital Marketing Mastery Course
Duration: 6 months
Price: 150 USD
Extra features: Internship opportunity
Promotion: Social Media Platforms & Google
Step 1: Strategic Survey & Market Research for Digital Marketing
For any kind of Digital Marketing Challenge, we have to maintain the marketing objective and its primary KPI ( Key Performance Indicator) to get the best result from the market.
Business Name: Three Phase Academy
Selecting a proper Business name is essential for every business in the market because a brand name increases awareness among the people which will lead to a high conversion rate. For Example, The Brand name like Adidas will definitely give you a reminder about shoes, clothing, and accessories. This is a vital part of Strategic Planning For Digital Marketing
To provide High Quality Digital Marketing Courses
To have a minimum of 1000 people enrolled in the Digital Marketing Course who originally visited the page during the month of June 2020.
The KPI for the Digital Marketing Course is the number of people enrolled in the course by providing their email address
Value Proposition for Digital Marketing Mastery Course
For : Every Individuals All Around The World.
Who : Interested In Finding Curriculum To Learn Digital Marketing.
Our : Digital Marketing mastery course/ Self Study Program.
That : Offer High-Quality Digital Marketing Training.
Unlike : Digital Marketing Courses Offered On Skill Share
Our Offer : Provide The Knowledge Necessary to get a Digital Marketing Job
Digital Marketing Framework
Check Out This Video
- Coders trust Bangladesh
- BITM Training
- Creative It
- Moshiur Monty (BD JOBS)
Next, we need to find out what is the biggest complaint from our prospects regarding our competitors & what are the weaknesses for our competitors. We will do a survey to find the followings
- The demands for this niche
- What is the biggest problem people are facing in digital marketing?
- How this course would make a difference in their life and in their business?
- How difficult it is for them to find the solution to their problem and will ask for their email so that we can reach them with the solution.
Step 2: Making Buyer’s persona
In this section, we have discussed multiple buyer personas so that you can get a clear idea about Buyer’s persona or Customer Persona.
Buyer’s Persona 1: Student or The Marketing Freelancer
Marital Status: UnmarriedCountry: Bangladesh
Level of Education: Currently a University Student or Fresher
Other side jobs: Tuition
Annual Income: 60,000/- taka
GOALS AND VALUES
• Distinguish himself from other students and freelancers by being a
certified digital marketer and getting more hands-on practice.
• Enter into a new job sector where he can find financial independence and
prepare himself for the future.
• Committed to skill development
• Loves to maintain professionalism
• Always want to use the best practices available out there
CHALLENGES & PAIN POINTS
• Getting clients
• Getting a mentor
• Finding the best training available
• Keeping marketing skills sharp for lack of practical knowledge
• Hard to find extra time beside studies
• Fear of failing
• Fear of communicating with the clients
• Lots of competition in the job market
OBJECTIONS & ROLES
• Whether the instructor has a complete course outline?
• Is the instructor using the best and the most updated tools in the training?
• Is the instructor teaching the same method or techniques that he is using
right now for himself?
• Is there any practical training session?
• The brand value of the Instructor
• Is there any certificate after completion?
• Is there any internship opportunity for those students who did better in the
• How long I will be out of pocket during this training?
Adnan is a struggling freelancer. He does a lot of online courses to boost his skills and knowledge in a topic. He wants to use the best technologies tools and techniques available in the field.
He loves to put a considerable contribution to people’s life and business. He loves giving value to the time of people. He is not worried about the price point of the training if it gives
him an edge in his career.
Step 3: SWOT Analysis
SWOT stands for Strength, Weakness, Opportunities, Threats. This is a very powerful tool for every marketer for doing strategic planning for digital marketing. In this article, we have discussed details on SWOT Analysis based on our Marketing Objective.
• Highly Qualified, Award-winning instructor
• Internship opportunities
• Office Hours
• Use of best techniques and tools available out there in the sector.
• Brand value of the trainer
• Digital marketing is still a new theory in Bangladesh.
• Many business owners still want to stick with the traditional way of marketing
• The payment option is still a challenge in Bangladesh.
• Very few trainers are using the best practices of digital marketing.
• Most of the training on digital marketing courses available here doesn’t go into the deep
• Lack of interaction with the trainer after the completion of course.
• Many institutes charging higher without giving the proper value.
• Lots of giant competitors out there who already entered this sector.
• Lack of available payment options
• Different myths regarding digital marketing and freelancing
• Lack of proficiency in English amongst the people, since freelancing marketers have to communicate in English.
Step 4: Marketing Channels
The Marketing Channels that we are going to use are:
• Search Engine Optimization
• Google ads
Step 5: Ad content design based on Customer
Before designing our ad contents, its copy, and creatives, we are going to segment our customers into 3 traffic temperatures:
They are the people who had never heard of our business but interested in what we are
• Introduce our brand or product to them.
• Build a relationship with them.
• Learn about their behavior by monitoring their activities on our website.
• Offer them something valuable in exchange for their private information like name, email id, or contact number.
Contents for Cold Traffic
• Case studies
• Guide or report
• Toolkit or Resources
• Blogs (even by locking some blogs which will only be available for the
• Free tutorial videos (maybe through YouTube)
They are the people who already aware of our business, products, or services.
• Drive them to the pages or assets that provide them value.
• Remind them of their interest in our product or services
Contents for Warm Traffic
• Lead Magnets (e-books, white-papers, etc.)
• Webinars (Some Free and some Freemiums)
• Free trials
They are the people who purchased from us and already converted to any of our paid
programs. To be precise, they trust our business and ready to invest in our core offers
• Try to get them to buy from us again.
• Make them purchase a more expensive item than before.
• Re-engage the customers who haven’t bought anything for a long time.
• Convert them as our promoter or brand ambassador.
Contents for Warm Traffic
• Sales Pages or Landing pages
• Subscription-based services
• Paid Webinars
Step6: Customer Value Journey
We are going to divide our customer value journey into Eight Stages for strategic planning for digital marketing. Here our audience hears the first time about us or gets aware of our niche. They might come to know about us through Blogs, Ads, or shared posts by our existing audiences.
Here our audience hears the first time about us or gets aware of our niche. They might come to know about us through Blogs, Ads, or shared posts by our existing audiences.
In this stage, our cold customers are engaging with our content. They are reading our blogs, commenting on our posts. And by this, they turn into a warm from a cold one.
Here our audience subscribes for one of our offers for the exchange of their information like- name, email, contact no. etc.
Here they convert for the first time by making some small purchases like-Freemium Webinars & Workshops.
Here they get the actual value for the first time by taking part in the webinars and workshops. And here our warm customers turn into a hot customer.
In this stage, we are going to increase our customer value through some upsells. These upsell could be courses, workshops, seminars, monthly subscriptions, etc.
Here, we will call our successful customers who will share their experience, testimonials, or case studies which will help to attract our new customers, generate more engagements, and convert more prospects.
Here, the best marketing method starts that is “word of mouth” through our successful customer. They will start sharing their success stories with their friends, family about our brands and their products or services. Or they may even become our affiliates to share our brands with their audiences.
However, until our customer is moving to the next stage of the value journey, we will continue to retarget them and test them with new offer types and troubleshoot our campaigns.
Step 7: Budgeting
Since our target is to attract cold traffic and then warm them up over time and them finally turn them into a hot customer, to do that we will build campaigns that include ads for all temperatures. The challenge is to stay within your budget while targeting different segments. Here’s how to optimize your ad spend.
We will spend in a 6:3:1 ratio wherein each day, of our total ad budget, we will spend 60% of it on cold traffic to drive them to our site and offer them our pure content. Then 30% on warm traffic to turn them into leads and buyers and 10% for retargeting and selling a higher-priced product.
Make Sure to visit Our Other Content which are very important as strategic planning for digital marketing